Love Constitutes My Crime

Poem written in Prison by Madam Jeanne Guyon (1648-1717)

Love constitutes my crime,

For this they keep me here,
Imprisoned thus so long a time
For Him I hold so dear;
And yet I am, as when I came,
The subject of this holy flame.

How can I better grow,
How can my own heart fly?
Those who imprison me should know
True love can never die:
Yea, it will live and burn again.

And am I then to blame?
He's always in my sight;
And having once inspired the flame,
He always keeps it bright:
For this they spite me and reprove,
Because I cannot cease to love.

What power shall dim its ray?
Dropped burning from above!
Eternal life shall ne'er decay;
God is the life of love;
And when its source of life is o'er,
And only-then, twill shine no more.

#SoBeautiful
.......................................................................................................

Poema escrito na prisão por Madame Jeanne Guyon (1648-1717)

O Amor constitui o meu crime,
Por isso, eles me mantém aqui,
Aprisionada assim tanto tempo 
Por Ele eu aguento firme;
E ainda estou, como quando eu vim,
O tema desta chama sagrada.

Como posso crescer mais,
Como pode voar meu próprio coração?
Aqueles que me aprisionam devem saber
O verdadeiro amor nunca pode morrer:
Sim, ele vai viver e arder novamente.

E sou eu, então a culpada?
Ele está sempre a minha vista;
E uma vez tendo inspirado a chama,
Ele a mantém sempre brilhante:
Por isso eles me desprezam e reprovam,
Porque eu não posso deixar de amar.

Que poder pode escurecer seu raio?
Caiu queimando de cima!
A vida eterna nunca se desfaz;
Deus é a vida do amor;
E quando sua fonte de vida chegar ao fim,
Só, então, não brilhará mais.

(tradução Mariana Sé)

#LindoDemais

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas